The Canon PIXMA G6020 is an amazing all-in-one printer created for high-volume printing at minimum running cost.
This high performer printer is an amazing combination of compactness and a diverse range of printing options used for home and office purposes.
You can print, scan, copy and able to connect with smartphones, tablets and computers easily.
It has ISO standard print speed (A4): 13.0ipm black / 6.8ipm color.
It has Hi-speed USB 2.0, Wireless, Wired LAN, Wireless/Wired LAN Pictbridge, Mopria, AirPrint, Direct Wireless.
Print volume ranges between 150 to 1500 pages maximum.
You can save up to $1175 from the complete set of ink bottles mentioned in the box by using this Canon PIXMA G6020 All-in-one printer.
- Stunning high page yield Ink bottles –
With the help of this feature, you can print up to 6000 black text pages or 7700 color pages per full ink bottle set and never have to worry about ink costs.
- Spill-Resistant Ink bottle Design –
Due to the genuine tip-and-receptacle design, ink bottles are really spill-resistant. Ink filling stops automatically when the air on the tank comes in contact with the fluid level.
- Auto-duplex printing –
You can enjoy productivity and great convenience by creating 2-sided prints automatically.
- 2-way paper feeding –
This allows accepting paper loading in 2 directions i.e., front cassette and rear tray so that printer becomes ready 24*7 to print on two diverse media types or sizes.
- Mobile and cloud printing –
You can print from your smartphones, mobile tablets and laptops via free-for-download apps i.e., Canon Print Inkjet/SELPHY and Canon Easy-PhotoPrint Editor.
- Borderless photo printing –
This feature allows you to view and share photos without unsightly borders.
Downloading and Installation of Canon PIXMA G6020 Driver –
The printer uses ink tank technology to provide high-quality budget-friendly prints.
The printer supports wireless, Ethernet and USB connectivity.
With the help of large-sized ink tanks, you can print hundreds and thousands of pages on a single refill.
The top printing speed of this printer is 13 ppm for black and 7 ppm for color prints.
Installation of Canon Pixma G6020 all-in-one must always be executed using its unique Canon drivers.
Canon PIXMA G6020 Driver Package for Windows and Mac –
You can download Canon PIXMA G6020 Driver and Software packages from the official website of Canon i.e., (https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/megatank-inkjet-printers/all-megatank-inkjet-printers/pixma-g6020).
Download links –
Canon PIXMA G6020 driver for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (32 bit / 64 bit)
Canon G6020 driver for Server 2008R2, 2012 R2, 2016, 2019 (64 bit)
Canon PIXMA G6020 Driver for Mac OS v10.0 to 11 Big Sur.
Canon PIXMA G6020 driver for Linux, Ubuntu.
Significance of printer driver –
The role of the printer driver is crucial as it not only creates a communication channel between the computer and the printer but also helps in synchronizing several functions of that device so that its performance can be boosted for customer satisfaction.
Hence, it’s mandatory that you use the full feature Canon Pixma G6020 driver.
Compatible operating systems –
Windows 7 to Windows 10 (32 bit/64 bit).
Windows Server 2008 to 2019 (64 bit).
Mac OSv10.0 to 11 big Sur.
Installation of Canon Pixma G6020 Driver
There are two ways –
Installing driver automatically using its setup file.
Follow below steps to install a printer driver without CD / Disc-
- First, download the printer driver package from its official website.
- Switch off your printer and unplug the USB cable from the back of the computer and from the printer as well.
- After downloading, double-click on the downloaded driver package.
- Tap on Run or Yes to allow UAC to start the installation process and then extract the driver files to run.
- Accept the installation terms and conditions and follow the on-screen installation wizard’s instructions.
- Tap on Next and the installation will start.
- Wait until it is finished.
- The installation wizard will ask you to connect your printer to your computer. Connect your printer USB cable to your computer and ensure that your printer is switched on.
- Wait until it recognizes your printer automatically and after detection, you will be redirected to the next window.
- Tap on Next and your printer will be recognized here in case you find a green tick mark.
- Tap on the Finish button to complete the installation.
Installing driver manually using a basic driver (.INF driver)
Follow the below steps to install a printer driver manually using its basic driver (.INF drivers) –
- First, download the installation package or its basic driver from its official website and save it in your download folder.
- Now save the installation setup file in your hard drive as this file will be required later when the manual process will ask for the driver ‘.inf’ file – then the file would be extracted from its installation package.
- Now go to Start Menu -> Control Panel.
- Tap on Hardware and Sound -> Devices and Printers.
- Now click on add a printer.
- Now click on Add a local printer.
- Choose the option ‘use an existing port’ and then ‘Choose a port’.
Note: the common USB parts for USB Connection are –
USB001 (virtual printer port for USB)
USB002 (virtual printer port for USB)
USB003 (virtual printer port for USB)
- Might be listed under your Printer model number.
- Now you can choose one of them related to your printer model number.
- Incase no one is related to printer model number, select first one i.e., USB001
- Now select your printer driver.
- Select your printer’s grand name from the left side pane and select the exact printer model number from right side pane and click Next button.
- Incase if your printer model number is not listed there, you have to browse the extracted driver’s .inf file.
- Tap on the Browse button.
- Now go to the location where you have extracted the drivers and choose driver’s .INF file.
- Now open up the extracted location and select the driver ‘.inf’ file named as ‘Autorun.inf’ and click on open.
- After tapping on Open, you will be redirected back to ‘Install from disk’ menu with filled the full path.
- Tap on OK to get inside drivers then tap on NEXT.
- Now two options will be displayed in the next window, select the second option (replace the current driver).
- Tap on the Next button.
- Now it will ask you to share this printer with other systems on your network. Select the option according to your need.
- In case you want to share it with others, select the option ‘Do not share this printer and click on NEXT.
- Choose the check-box ‘set your printer as default’ and then tap Finish.
- Your printer is now ready to use.
Canon PIXMA G6020 Wireless Setup using Easy Wireless Connect – Windows
With the help of this method, your system will be able to send information directly to the printer so that it can connect to your wireless network.
Follow the below steps –
- Insert the setup CD-ROM which came with the printer. In case you a prompt gets displayed asking you to mention which action to take after the setup CD-ROM has been inserted into the computer, choose Run Msetup4.exe.
- If you don’t receive a prompt, open This PC and go to your CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive. Double-click Msetup.exe.
- If you don’t have setup CD-ROM or if your computer doesn’t have a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM, click Here, then Download.
- If you receive a prompt to run or save the file, save it on your computer, then open it. This will install the Full Driver & Software Package for your printer.
- When the setup program starts, tap on Start Setup.
In case you are using the Setup CD-ROM, you will find an option labeled Use the updated software found on the internet. If this box is checked, then the setup program will look for the most updated versions of drivers and software available on your printer.
In case the box is not checked, the setup program will install the drivers and software contained on the setup CD-ROM.
In case you are using the Full Driver and Software package, this option ‘Use the updated software found on the internet will not be displayed on the screen.
Now tap on Next.
If you are using the Full Driver and Software Package or you are using the setup CD-ROM and selected the option Use the updated software found on the internet, the setup program will acquire information related to updated drivers and software available for your printers.
The speed of completion of this process depends on your internet connection.
For some time, the installer will be processed.
Choose your country and place of residence and click Next.
- Accept the license agreement and tap Yes to proceed.
If you are using the Full Driver and Software Package or if you are using the Setup CD-ROM and you have selected the option Use the updated software found on internet, then the setup program will ask you for an agreement regarding service usage for your printer.
Tap Agree or Do not Agree to the agreement to proceed.
The setup program will be processed for a few minutes. Check your printer’s status.
- On the Select Connection Method screen, tap on a Wi-Fi connection and click Next.
- On the check power screen, tap Next.
The setup program will look for a printer on the network.
- On the Connecting Printer to Network screen, tap Next.
- Press and hold the Wireless Connect button for 3 seconds and click Next.
- The setup program will look for a printer and it may take some time.
- You have to connect your printer to a wireless router. Tap Yes.
- The computer will disconnect from your network and temporarily connect to the printer and send the network information to it. The system will reconnect to your wireless network.
Note : –
In case the printer is not detected on the network, ensure the following: –
Your system must be reconnected to your wireless network.
No firewall or other security software currently running as this may block the communication.
If you have existing firewall then temporarily disable it or configure it so that communication with the ports for the printer takes place.
Now click on Next.
The setup program will then start installing the drivers for your printer.
If you are using the Full Driver & Software package or if you are using the setup CD-ROM and selected the option Use the updated software found on the internet, then the setup program will download the drivers for your printer and start installing them.
After this, the printer will be registered in your system as it may take a few moments.
- On the Test Print screen, load paper into the printer and tap Start to print a test page. Tap Next to proceed.
- You can skip the test print by clicking Next.
- Now, the setup complete screen will be displayed. If you want your printer to be the default, mark the check box for Set as the default printer.
- Now Software Installation List will appear. Mark the software which you want to install and click Next.
Note: the software available for installation will vary depending on whether you are using the Full Driver & Software package
Full Driver & Software Package or if the setup CD-ROM with the option Use the updated software found on the Internet is selected.
- The selected software will be installed.
Full Driver & Software Package or if the setup CD-ROM with the option Use the updated software found on the internet is selected:
Here the selected software will be installed and downloaded.
- After installation of the software, you need to register your printer. Tap Skip to bypass this process or click Register Now for printer registration. Follow on-screen instructions.
If you cannot execute the Canon Pixma G6020 setup process or access the official site then you have to contact the Canon customer support team.