Canon is considered a renowned Japanese multinational corporation that generates hi-tech products. Some of its products are lenses, scanners, medical equipment, printers, cameras, etc.
Canon Pixma MG360 is one of the amazing products which Canon provides. It creates products suitable for users for both personal as well as business purposes so that you can have an amazing and delightful printing experience.
Another awesome thing that Canon Pixma MG360 offers is the astonishing photograph printing quality.
Canon Pixma MG3620 Wi-Fi setup is simple and easy.
Canon Pixma MG3620 Wi-Fi Setup Procedure
There are three methods for Canon MG360 Wi-Fi setup: Cableless setup, WPS Push button method and WPS PIN Code method.
Check the below things before starting the setup –
Ensure that your printer is turned on.
For this, verify if the ON lamp on your printer is lit.
If your printer is executing print head alignment or any other process, you need until the process completes.
Press the stop button if the Wi-Fi lamp on your printer is flashing.
First, you need to press and hold the Wi-Fi button mentioned on your printer until the ON lamp blinks.
Now, push the color button on and then the Wi-Fi button.
Make sure that the Wi-Fi lamp flashes fastly.
Method 1 – Canon Pixma MG3620 Wi-Fi setup using the Cableless Process
For Windows users –
Visit Canon’s official website and look for the product’s model and choose Windows operating system.
Tap on the download option to start the Wi-Fi setup process for Canon MG3620 as it is recommended.
After this, a downloaded message will occur. You need to save it at the same location.
For Mac users –
Visit Canon’s site.
Locate your printer model number and choose Mac OS.
Click on the download option to begin the process.
After this, several messages will be displayed.
Check the same thing and tap on ‘open or always allow’.
Method 2 – WPS Push button
You need to push and hold the Wi-Fi button and wait until the ON lamp lights up.
Now push the black start button.
Now, push the Wi-Fi button.
Check whether the Wi-Fi light flashes fastly or not and the ON lamp is lit.
Visit the wireless router and press the WPS push button and hold it for about 2 minutes.
After this, you will find that the Wi-Fi and ON lights will be lit when the connection is made.
Method 3 – Setup using WPS PIN code
First, you have to press and hold the Wi-Fi button which you will find on a printer.
Wait until the ON lamp blinks.
Now press the Wi-Fi button.
You have to hold down the ‘stop’ button when the light flashes to 16 counts.
After that, the stop button has to be released.
After this, set the WPS pin code which comes on the printed network configuration page.
Now, ensure that the Wi-Fi light on the printer is flashing.
Driver downloads and installation
For Windows –
Supported OS : Windows 10 32-bit, Windows 10 64-bit, Windows 8.1 32-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 8 32-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows XP 32-bit</td>
For Mac OS –
Mac OS Big Sur 11.x, Mac OS Catalina 10.15.x, Mac OS Mojave 10.14.x, macOS High Sierra 10.13.x, macOS Sierra 10.12.x, Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.x, Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.x, Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.x, Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.x, Mac OS X Lion 10.7.x</td>
This printer consists of modern print technology which has an inkjet print method with a full-lithography nozzle engineering. Alternatively, the ink drop works via the same nozzles. These nozzles have 1152 for color documented printing and 640 for pigment black document printing.
The minimum ink droplet size for this system has 2 and 5 picolitres, particularly for colored documents.
The print resolution of this printer is up to 600 dots per inch for black as well as white documents.
But in some same type of situation, color documents can produce a print output quality of up to 4800 x 1200 dpi.
Its compatible ink cartridges include are PG-240 for pigment black and CLI-241 models.
Fixing Canon Pixma MG3620 Printer’s Wireless Connectivity issue
Follow the below steps to resolve the connectivity issue. This solution is for those users who have connected the printer to a new or different connection with a new SSID:
For Windows –
First, either stop all printer functions or wait until they get finished.
In case the wireless indicator flashes, press it to stop.
Now remove the printer from your computer. You need to access the Control panel and visit the ‘devices and printers’ option.
Now go to Start menu -> settings -> printers and scanners option.
Uninstall the printer software from the corresponding window.
Restart your system after that.
Reinstall the printer software to set up your Canon Pixma MG360.
For Mac –
First, disable your firewall or anti-virus software list.
Visit the Apple menu.
Now, locate the system preferences and click on the ‘printers and scanners’ option.
Hold the control key to display the list of the printer system. Choose your Canon Pixma MG360 and select for the minus button to remove.
Now restart your Mac.
Reinstall the drivers for your printer and ensure to select the right operating system.
After reinstallation, restart your Mac system.
The above steps will help you in setting up your Canon Pixma MG3620 printer. In case you face any issues with the methods mentioned above or any queries then you can customer support or reinstall the settings to rectify the connectivity issues.
How do I connect my MG3620 printer to my system?
- First, connect your system or tablet to your printer with a USB cable.
- When the USB connection will be finished, printer driver will be automatically detected.
- When the printer driver will be recognized, Canon Inkjet Print Utility, software for making detailed print settings will be downloaded automatically.
How do I reset my Canon MG3620 Wi-Fi?
- For this, you have to restart your Network settings.
- To do this: visit Start menu -> settings -> Network & internet -> Status -> Network reset -> click Reset now button.
- Uninstall the printer software by accessing Programs and Features from the Control Panel.
- Finally, restart your PC.
How do I reconnect my Canon Pixma printer to my Wi-Fi?
- Using the WPS Connection method
- Ensure that your printer is switched on.
- Press and hold the [Wi-Fi] button located on the top of the printer until the orange alarm lamp flashes once and then releases it.
- Check that the Wi-Fi button begins to flash blue light and visit your access point and press the [WPS] button within 2 minutes.
How do I connect my Canon MG3620 to my iPhone?
- Wi-Fi setup via the router.
- Download the Canon Inkjet Selphy App from iTunes.
- Open the app and add your printer.
- Choose Register printer.
- Choose Printer setup.
- Choose to connect via Wireless router to connect the device to your Wi-Fi network.
- Now the printer has to be in the IJ Setup mode. For this follow the below steps:
- Press and hold the Wi-Fi button on the printer until the ON lamp flashes.
- Press the color button and then the Wi-Fi button.
- Ensure that the Wi-Fi lamp flashes fastly and the ON lamp is lit.
- Locate the Canon_ij_xxx network on your mobile device and connect it to the Pixma network.
- Return to the application screen and proceed with the setup.
- Choose the Wi-Fi network to connect your Pixma printer to.
- Provide the password for the Wi-Fi network
- Lamps on the device become lid when settings are sent. Connected.
- Go back to the Canon app and search for your printer on the network.
How do I connect my Canon MG3620 to my laptop?
- First, download the PIXMA MG3620 drivers and software and open the downloaded file.
- Click on Open when it is prompted to open the file.
- Click on Next when the setup program starts.
- When asked, mention your user account password and tap on Install Helper.
- Tap on Start setup.
- Choose your location/region.
- Accept the license agreement by reading it thoroughly.
- Information on the Extended Survey Program will be displayed. Go through that information thoroughly. Click Agree if you want to participate and Do not Agree in case you don’t want to participate.
- After this, the installer will check the printer status.
- Click the radio button for a USB connection and click Next on the Select Connection method.
- Your printer driver would be downloaded and installed which may take some time.
- You will be asked to connect a USB cable between the printer and the computer.
- Connect a USB cable to your system and printer. When the printer will be connected then the installation will be recognized. Then click on Next.
- The Software Installation List will be displayed. Checkmark on that additional software that you want to install for the printer. Tap on Clear All to remove all the checkmarks. Then tap Next to proceed.
- In case you have selected any software to install it will be downloaded and installed properly at right time and this will take some time.
- The User Registration screen will be displayed. Tap Next in case you want to register your printer with Canon. If you don’t want to register you can click on Skip. Skipping the registration process doesn’t affect your ability to use the printer.
- When Installed completed successfully will be displayed, tap Exit.
How do I make my Canon MG3620 discoverable?
- Press and hold the Wi-Fi button [A] on the printer until the ON light [B] flashes.
- Now press the color button [C] then the Wi-Fi button.
- Ensure that the Wi-Fi light is flashing and the ON light is switched on.
- You also have to install the drivers and their respective software on your system.